Summary List Placement
Hi and welcome to Insider Advertising for April 9. I’m senior advertising reporter Lauren Johnson, and here’s what’s going on:
If this email was forwarded to you, sign up here for your daily insider’s guide to advertising and media.
- Roku is looking for a new ad agency to handle its business for the first time in several years, Patrick Coffee reported.
- Roku plans to run its largest-ever advertising campaign in the fall.
- The campaign will attempt to position Roku as the dominant streaming brand, a source said.
Inside Klarna’s influencer council, which the $31 billion fintech giant hopes will create a blueprint for responsible influencer marketing
- Klarna launched an influencer marketing council in March, focused on boosting responsible marketing, Molly Innes reported.
- The fintech giant has come under fire previously for running ‘irresponsible’ social media ads.
- Insider spoke to four members of the council who outlined its strategy and ambitions.
- CeraVe took the crown as the No. 1 favorite skincare brand in a new survey of 7,000 US teens, Sydney Bradley reported.
- The Ordinary also ranks as a top brand thanks to “skinfluencers” like Hyram Yarbro and Young Yuh.
- TikTok is reshaping these teens’ preferences, Piper Sandler said in its recent report.
More stories we’re reading:
- Ads on Facebook with voter fraud conspiracies were running as recently as this week (Insider)
- Netflix has landed the streaming rights to Sony’s future ‘Spider-Man’ movies and franchises like ‘Jumanji’ (Insider)
- Companies are staying silent amid beauty guru James Charles’ sexting scandal (Insider)
- Hackers scraped data from 500 million LinkedIn users — about two-thirds of the platform’s userbase — and have posted it for sale online (Insider)
- P&G worked with China trade group on tech to sidestep Apple privacy rules (Wall Street Journal)
- WarnerMedia’s CEO says that in 2022 his movies will debut in theaters before they stream (Vox)
NOW WATCH: Why electric planes haven’t taken off yet
Originally published at https://www.businessinsider.com/insiders-top-advertising-and-media-stories-for-april-9-2021-4 on .